As the voice of the Quebec real estate industry, UDI Quebec’s mission is:
- to promote the economic development of the real estate sector;
- to defend the interests of its members;
- to ensure efficient and effective policies;
- to establish and maintain good communications with the members, with the various government jurisdictions and with the community.
When an issue is identified, the UDI adopts a dynamic approach and quickly gathers the resources necessary to resolve it. The UDI’s close ties with real estate stakeholders and with the regulatory authorities allow it to intervene effectively.
Eight streams of services are provided for members:
- Government relations
UDI Quebec positions itself as an intermediary between the various levels of government and the commercial real estate industry in the province. As the voice of the industry, UDI Quebec prioritizes the issues having an impact deemed to be important on the common interests of its membership. Strategic committees, made up of experts and representatives from the industry, are set up for each issue addressed.
- Economic development
UDI QUEBEC is regularly consulted regarding projects and political actions that affect economic development. We participate in several consultation boards, committees and special events. We also anticipate participating in a number of trade missions relevant to the industry.
UDI QUEBEC positions itself to obtain the most recent information available concerning trends and political issues to ensure it has the big picture on the political and economic environment of the real estate industry. UDI Quebec must also synthesize and consolidate the strategic positions adopted by committees. UDI Quebec members are also sent a periodical publication. Certain special research requests are also filled.
UDI QUEBEC organizes about twenty activities throughout the year: conferences, visits to real estate sites, lunch lectures, cocktail receptions, golf tournaments, etc.. Members receive a 25% savings when registering for any of these activities. Click here for the activity schedule.
- Professionel development
UDI QUEBEC offers substantial and up-to-date programming such as the Real Estate Assets Management series. Courses are offered in Montreal and Quebec.
UDI Quebec publishes various works to meet member needs. These informational tools have different forms:
- The Real Estate Watch newsletter, an electronic monthly exclusively for members, published the first Monday of each month;
- The annual Members Directory, published once per year;
- Public relations
UDI QUEBEC offers a variety of opportunities to promote real estate development projects in Quebec.
- Award of Excellence in Real Estate: These awards originated six years ago. Candidate nominations are received in March and awards are handed out at the end of that month. Hydro-Québec and Bélanger Sauvé are the faithful sponsors of these accolades. Click here for more information.
- Media relations: UDI QUEBEC publishes occasional articles on the commercial real estate sector.For example: cases in Commerce magazine, articles in the Montreal Business Magazine, Les Affaires and Espace magazine, etc.
- Corporate benefits
UDI Quebec members can join the Prevention Mutual Group (CSST). Click here for more information.